There are several things to try to fix these problems. Start with the first one below, and keep going down the list if it doesn't solve the problem:
- Open the 'Settings' panel in the game launcher (click the gear button in top-left) and click the 'Repair button'. If that doesn't work, try the 'Redownload' button.
- Find the WolfQuest-Win game icon (typically in My Documents/My Games) and right-click on it, then choose 'Run as Administrator.' (If this works, it is probably only necessary this first time.)
- Disable any anti-virus software — especially if you have BitDefender. You can reactivate the software after installing and running the game once. (But you may disable it again in the future, download patches.)
- Usually, installing the game into Documents/My Games/ works best, but if you are still having problems, try running the 'WolfQuest Setup' again and install the game in Program Files. Then find the WolfQuest-Win app and right-click on it, then choose 'Run as Administrator.' (If this works, running as admin is probably only necessary this first time.)
- Restart the computer.
- If none of these work, follow the instructions in If None of These Solve Your Problem and be sure to include the output_log.