When the game is first launched, it will generate a new folder (if it doesn’t already exist) and four sub-folders.
- On Windows, [your username]/My Documents/WolfQuest
- On Mac, [your username]/WolfQuest
These folders normally have the necessary permissions on Windows and Mac to create new save files. But it this not working on your computer, then there are several things to check:
Anti-Malware Software May Prevent Saving
Your computer may have anti-malware software like Bitdefender, which is blocking the WolfQuest app from writing to those folders. Open the settings for this software and add the WolfQuest app to the whitelist or allowed list.
Windows Account Permissions May Be Too Restrictive
1) Find that WolfQuest folder again in your UserDirectory/Documents or My Documents folder.
2) Right click on that folder and open Properties, then Permissions, and see what those are set at. Try to change them to Read and Write. (Specific procedures may vary by Windows version.)
3) Run the game and try saving again.
If this doesn't work, please submit a bug report with the log file, following these instructions.
If your phone is running Android 6.0 or higher, your application permissions could be messed up. In the Settings screen, select Apps, then select WolfQuest. Then on the App Info screen, select Permissions and make sure Storage is turned on.